« Et ce jour, la jeune fille compris qu'il fut nul besoin de porter des talons pour faire tomber un homme à ses genoux»

mercredi, septembre 10, 2008

"She walked away, well her shoes were untied,

And the eyes were all red,

You could see that we've cried, and I watched and I waited,

'Till she was inside, forcing a smile and waving goodbye."
[Artic Monkeys, do me a favour]







She shivers in the wind like the last leaf on a dying tree

I let her hear my footsteps

She only goes stiff for a moment


Care for a smoke?

Sure. I'll take one

Are you as bored by that crowd as I am?

I didn't come here for the party

I came here for you


I've watched you for days


You're everything a man could ever want


It's just not your face


Your... figure


Or your voice


It's your eyes


All the things I see in your eyes


What is it you see in my eyes?


I see a crazy calm


You're sick of running


You're ready to face what you have to face


But you don't want to face it alone


No I don't want to face it alone


The wind rises electric


She's soft and warm and almost weightless


Her perfume is sweet promise that brings tears to my eyes


I tell her that everything will be alright


That I'll save her from whatever she's scared of and take her far far away


I tell her... I love her


...


The silencer makes a whisper of the gunshot


I hold her close until she's gone


I'll never know what she's running from


I'll cash her check in the morning

Aucun commentaire: